Thursday 10 May 2012

My Love Affair with the Ray Ban Aviator


It was love at first sight! I saw him walking along the corridor with a confident swagger. Then he rode his motorcycle in a speed that can merit a speeding ticket. Oh! I am in love! I am in love with Tom Cruise’s Ray Ban Aviator sunglasses. I have been watching Top Gun for the nth time just to look at how cool the Ray Ban Aviator is. What is it about you that can make me swoon and day dream the whole day? Is it because of your dark, mysterious lenses? Or is it about your tempered glass lenses? Whatever it is I am in love!

What are aviator sunglasses?

Aviator sunglasses are style of sunglasses made by Bausch and Lomb. They used the brand Ray Ban. These Ray Ban sunglasses have the design of dark, reflective lenses. The lenses cover the area of the eye socket. The metal frames with bayonet ear pieces or flexible cable temples that hook behind the ears. The large lenses are not flat but convex. This design attempts to protect the eyes by filtering as much light. This will protect the eyes from the strong rays of the sun in all of the angles.

When did the Ray Ban Aviator sunglasses become popular?

Of course, when Tom Cruise wore it in Top Gun! Not really? I think I know the history of the aviators much better than you. I am telling you that it became popular when Tom Cruise wore it in Top Gun. Oh, so you mean the real history of its popularity. So I read that it became popular during the 1960s when iconic celebrities wore it like Michael Jackson, Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr from the Beatles. Of course, the Ray Ban aviators are developed because of pilots. They are meant to protect the eyes of the pilot while flying. Hence, they are also known as pilot’s glasses.

Who are some celebrity Ray Ban sunglasses users?

So you are saying that since you belong in the younger generation you are not familiar with the people I mentioned. You really do not know Tom Cruise? All right, there are still other celebrities that use Ray Ban Aviator sunglasses. There is this American actor that starred in Prison Break, his name is Wentworth Miller. Then there is Al Pacino, Robert Downey Jr. and even Mr. Angelina Jolie. Oh! Sorry, I meant to say Brad Pitt. Here is news for you, Ray Ban aviator sunglasses are not only for men but also for women. The likes of Bar Refaeli, America Ferrera and Alicia Keys wore them too. You are not still convinced? What about Paris Hilton and Britney Spears? At last, you are impressed!

What do I love about Ray Ban Aviators?

Let me count the ways… I love a Ray Ban aviator because it is a classic and never goes out of style. The design is very chic and perfect for anyone who wants to draw a little attention to themselves. I am really a shy person but when I wear my Ray Ban aviator, I became a whole new person, I become more confident. It is probably the way the lenses are made. They are tinted just right. They cover the eye sockets sufficiently. They not only give me confidence, they also protect me from the glare of the sun. When I say protection, it is the real thing. The Ray Ban sunglasses protect our eyes from UVA and UVB rays which can damage our eyesight in the future. The lenses are also scratch resistant.

Other things to know about Ray Ban Aviators

Aviators not only have dark lenses, some have mirrored lenses. The Ray Ban Aviator sunglasses are unisex. The Ray Ban Aviator sizes have three elements: the eyes size, bridge size and temple size. The Ray Ban has three classic models. RB3044 is the smallest and is most suitable for people who have small faces. The models RB3025 and RB3026 have medium, large or extra large sizes. The medium sizes are most suitable for an average face. The large will be appropriate for large faces but the differences in these two sizes are really small. The lens measurement for a medium Ray Ban Aviator is 58mm by 52 mm . The large is measured at 62mm by 65mm.
Do you now understand why I am in love with a Ray Ban aviator? These sunglasses are timeless. If you are in your teens right now and these aviators are popular. When you reach your 30s or 40s they will still be popular. You will still be considered cool and stylish even if you advanced in years. That is the charm of Aviators. What are you still doing here? I suggest that you fly out the door and buy a pair of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment